• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Flyers on pizza boxes

Andover Landscape Co.

LawnSite Senior Member
I just had a insurance agent tell me that she was going to work Sat (super bowl weekend) at a pizza place folding boxes. In exchange they will allow her to put her flyer on the boxes. I asked her how she made this arrangement she said she just walked in and asked.

Is this not a stroke of genius?

topsites

LawnSite Fanatic
That's funny, years ago a buddy of mine used to do that, not quite the same way but to the same end result...
The fact my buddy used to work at that pizza place part time probably helped.
Doesn't hurt to try because it worked that way for many years, until one day...

Get a load of this...
A local customer complained that they felt the foreign object on their pizza box could be introducing germs
and filth into the food they ordered and that they really didn't have much appreciation for that.

Personally I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but the manager facing possible confrontation from higher up had little choice.

And so it came about that it was no more, the party was up, but it was good while it lasted.

Last edited:
OP
Andover Landscape Co.

Andover Landscape Co.

LawnSite Senior Member
Thats crazy

JFGauvreau

LawnSite Bronze Member
Wow that's something that could work but didn't think about that one.

Theirs always those special people..

clean_cut

LawnSite Bronze Member
Why not just add the flyer to the outside of the box with a piece of tape or two, sound like a great idea though!

Exact Rototilling

LawnSite Fanatic
Thanks for reminding me about this. One of the smaller pizza joints does this with simple black and white flyers...usually a PC fix/help half flyer. Been meaning to ask about this.

JohnnyRocker

LawnSite Senior Member
That's funny, years ago a buddy of mine used to do that, not quite the same way but to the same end result...
The fact my buddy used to work at that pizza place part time probably helped.
Doesn't hurt to try because it worked that way for many years, until one day...

Get a load of this...
A local customer complained that they felt the foreign object on their pizza box could be introducing germs
and filth into the food they ordered and that they really didn't have much appreciation for that.

Personally I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but the manager facing possible confrontation from higher up had little choice.

And so it came about that it was no more, the party was up, but it was good while it lasted.
It was probably a competitor who complained.

bohiaa

LawnSite Fanatic
Doesn't seem like a good way to advertise.....

takes too much time to reach a small amount of customers and there's NO control of the area....

Think I'de pass on this type of advertisment