1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Flyers? Whats givin you the best response?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by N.TX, Jan 30, 2009.

1. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

I wanted to know any tricks that will give me the best response with my flyers. I know before I have put an approx price for average size yards and targeted specific neighborhoods and got a fair response. This year I am thinking of adding a coupon or two for some kind of service with signing of new mowing service. What are your thoughts?

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Flyers are NOT the best bang for the buck. true you get to target your area but your only reaching ONE customer per. flyer.
    the return rate is around 2 to 3 % with those being call backs, and about 2 to 3 % of those being a sgin up.

of corse you may get a diffrent result. it seems that diffrent types of advertising works for diffrent areas.

Best of luck

3. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

flyers are good to target places

4. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I only do flyer's they work the best results do come with a coupon my best was pay for 5 cuts get the 6th cut free picked up 15 customers out of hundred flyer's that year

5. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

Flyers are cheap and work superbly for me IF IT'S THE RIGHT TIME OF YEAR.

Spring Clean up flyers are killer for me, I always get more work then I can do (people are impatient) I literally cannot put out more then 10k because I would just be wasting money.

But flyers for lawn mowing, in the middle of summer get me nothing. So for me, we have 4 seasons up north here, spring is the time for lawn flyers.

6. tradeyouraccounts

tradeyouraccounts Banned

Flyers or door hangers? I know their very similar but what has brought the better results?

7. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what I did year one and it worked extremely well. In the past I've just done some plain jane flyers and haven't have had nowhere near the luck. This year I am goin a lil more flamboyant hopin to catch more attention.