1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Folding Mower in the Trunk of your Car ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Merkava_4, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone done that ? It would be hard on your back I imagine, but it could be done. Just fold the mower handle down. I predict that there's some guys out there that have done it, but won't admit to it.

Grassholes likes this.
  2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sure a lot have. I know most residential mowers will wear out the folding mechanism quick. It's all thin wall tubing, thumbwheel nuts and kinkable cables. I'm sure doing that and using a multi tool it would fit in many trunks. My back aches just thinking about it.

RDALawns and ltdlawn like this.
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Haven't owned a car with a trunk since '89...

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

5. DMT LANDSCAPING LLC

DMT LANDSCAPING LLC LawnSite Member

I've done it that's how I got started did it full month and luckily I got hired to do a big mulch job which I turned the profit into my silverado and that allowed me to do more jobs and look more professional. Everybody starts somewhere just have to be smart about it

Bcoogan23 likes this.
  6. Rockchoplawn

Rockchoplawn LawnSite Senior Member

A guy around here ties his mower to the back and drags it. Others use a cargo carrier that is like a flat platform you can life the mower onto and strap it down. Even have one guy that straps a push mower to the roof of his car. It's pretty unprofessional but I guess it gets the job done. I'd think those would be easier and more efficient than the trunk.

Grassholes likes this.
  7. On a call

On a call LawnSite Gold Member

Imagine not having a power mower ;)

8. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Jersey

There was a guy around here that put his in the back of a Honda Accord. There was another big company here called Affordable landscaping. The guy with the Accord was known as Accordable Landscaping.

9. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Jersey

The trunks are popular in Jersey.

[​IMG]

10. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Florida

I once was doing a mulch job two houses down from mine and was too lazy to lift my cart into my truck.

IMG_3502.JPG