• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Fond memories of Eric (ELM)

metro-hp_48

LawnSite Senior Member
Seems I can't see a Dixie Chopper, or "super" stripes without thinking about Eric. Just for the benefit of those newer members that never had a chance to know him, I thought it would be appropriate for us to list some of the things we learned, or just mention any fond memories we wish to share about him.

(personally, I chose to leave LS when he did, but all things considered, I'm glad I came back)

lawnman_scott

LawnSite Fanatic
For just one small example. You know at different times of the year things come up, a million leaf questions in fall for example. And we get fed up with the same dumb questions from new guys. Well everyone forgets that we were once that new guy with the dumb questions. He never forgot, and would awnser any dumb question you threw at him. And with out the smart alec comments either.

OP
metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48

LawnSite Senior Member
Very true lawnman_scott! I'm sure I asked alot of newbie questions in the begining, and he deff. always took the time to help, and had good advice.
So easy to be new to the forum, and ask a question, not knowing it gets ask 3 times a week. (know we had fun with Joshua's (alledged) ability to mow a 70 degree slope, on his ZTR (with no problems)

Speaking of people from the past, anyone heard anything from Lawrence Stone in the last few years?

dfor

LawnSite Senior Member
What lawn_manscott said is what I was thinking before I read what he wrote. Eric was very knowledgeable and very good at explaining things patiently.

Premo Services

LawnSite Bronze Member
Eric spent a lot of time sharing his knowledge with everyone. he never had a smart answer for anyone. He was really a great person. He will be respected and remembered for a long time to come. Every time I see a dixie chopper, I think of him setting on his big diesel chopper, doing what he enjoyed.

:angel: :angel:

Fareway Lawncare

LawnSite Silver Member
Eric left to start his own forum & passed away soon after. He was always diplomatic & a true gentleman. LS fell into disarray after Eric left as a small group of thugs attempted to take over this board. Fortunately LS has recently returned to its more civil beginnings which Eric had played a large part in creating as Moderator & poster.

OP
metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48

LawnSite Senior Member
" small group of thugs attempted to take over this board"

Casey, I never knew that. Guess I left and came back, at the right time. (tell me more about the thugsters)