? for all you in the North!

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by eXmark, Aug 9, 2002.

1. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey Hoopsfan,

I'm going to take both of your posts and copy them to the Commercial forum. I think you'll have a lot better luck getting replies from real commercial cutters.

I could guess as to what they do all winter in many Northern Communities, but I can't speak for all of the cutters up North. I'll leave this post to the experts.

Talk to you later,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

2. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

SNOW! - It's a four letter word! :D

I have had almost all my cutsomers ask if I do snow removal. I've said no so far.... but maybe. But I do work a fulltime job as a firefighter so my winters are fine...

It would have to pay big time for me to get out in the cold!

Dave

:blob2: :blob2:

3. Hoopsfan

Hoopsfan LawnSite Member

I'm curious to know what everyone does during the winter for income. Some of the guys I've talked to take the winter off after working all summer, some plow snow, others work in hardware stores.

Thanks
    Hoopsfan

4. Hoopsfan

Hoopsfan LawnSite Member

These should have been on the Commercial board. I realized it after I posted and since then have reposted on the Commercial board

5. lrmill01

lrmill01 LawnSite Member

I have an EXMARK Phazer 44" great mower!! wow what a finish, PROBLEM..I need a "good" snow plow that fits this machine...any help? lrmill

6. 3Bladz

3Bladz LawnSite Member
    from IL

I would keep my machine out of the winter slop. The road salt would do a number it.

7. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

keep it in the shop....................

8. lrmill01

lrmill01 LawnSite Member

IN the shop, and out of the snow?? com'on I live where we get snow. I wont have any slop or salt in my driveway. I need a good blade for the ExMARK Phaser. Please help lrmill

9. lrmill01

lrmill01 LawnSite Member

I also thourghly wash my EMARK 44" PHAZER after each cutting. The machine now has about 25 hours on it, I hear a humming noise coming from the spindles....anybody out there can help?? does water hurt the performance?
    -another issue is that the blade drive belt comes off very easy, a slight bump against a tree or a sharp dip in terrain, anybody have the same experience? lrmill

10. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member