1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

for midwestern states(ohi,ind,,ich etc.) when is best time to advertise?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaggy, Feb 17, 2002.

1. jaggy

jaggy LawnSite Member

With the weather the way it is here in ohio, when is the best time to start advertising? Also, after reading all the comments about the flyer's, is it a exaggration or basic truth as for every 5000 flyers put out, that you will only get maybe a total of 3 or 4 % of your customers from this? i guess you get different response's from different approaches in different areas. If any lcos can share a way or 2 here with advertising in the midwest states, any and all info is greatly appericated. I have to say, this board here is a outstanding information board. I am starting to valve the opions and comments of the members here and some of you are a credit to this profession. thank you all.

2. PrimeGreen Lawn

PrimeGreen Lawn LawnSite Member

jaggy, welcome to Lawnsite! As far as advertising, I send the fliers in papers and target mailboxes as early as Jan 1! The earlier the better. Just did a huge drop in a town nearby last week and got no response......yesterday got 8 calls for estimates from that same town. (1,000 fliers) Landed 7 of them. When the weather starts getting warmer, people start thinking twice about their property. Check the search also. TONS of stuff there.

Scott

3. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say put out flyers about a 3 weeks before mowing starts, for the heck of it last year about september I put out 50 flyers and got 2 calls, made $100 of those, and got 5 potential accounts for this season, I'll probably put out around 250-500 flyers next week.

Hank

4. PiasaClipper

PiasaClipper LawnSite Member

I doing start this week now. I am in Illinois. before too late like other company got them first before you doing late.

5. plow kid

plow kid Banned

We are sending out 250 postcards tomorrow and we will gather up my brothers buddies next week and blanket a area with fliers 6 little kids can spread 450 fliers a hour;) :p ~NaTe