Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious how many that know me from back in dec of 2007 when i first came on here and said i was going to start my buisness thought that i would make it as long as i have?
I know alot of guys talked alot of smack with me and its funny half of them i dont see on here anymore. Anyway im still going strong for now even though i am alittle worried about the income for the winter months..hopefully i can do enough clean ups and snow plowing to get me through it.

I have put about 70% of my profits back into my buisness account so that will help some! I did just spend about 10k on a new dump trailer, leafvac and ect.. though! I have learned soooo much so far and realize that as fast as i got my accounts i could lose them so i just keep on doing the right things and cross my fingers and say my prayers!!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Ill be honest. At first I thought you were pushing it with the brand new truck, trailer, and mowers. I figured I would give you more credit though after the ammount of money and time you put into good advertisement. Then you came back posting that you bought a new trimmer, then a new headge trimmer, then handheld blower, then you were looking for an employee. That made me believe you wouldnt make it.
you proved me wrong, I wish I had the guts to invest in quality equipment and advertisement now that I see how its worked for you.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I read alot of your posts back in the winter and spring, and I noticed that you seemed to be posting an awful lot, but then I realized that you were serious about this - asking mostly relevant questions, and wanting real answers. That's the way to do it imo. I have built my business up in a completely different way, but it's nice to see how other guys go about it, too. Congrats on what looks like a successful start-up, and I hope it continues to grow.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
at first i was excited because i thought all that nice new equipment would be for sale right now lol. You went all in and it seems like it is definatley paying off! You are a prime example of the old saying "You have to spend $$$ to make $$$"! I know I definatley dont have the balls to do what you did... congratulations!!!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
not trying to be a a$$ but i just dont like your attitude in the posts so thats why i gave you a hard time. i dont think your anything special there's a million guys just like you if not better, im 21 and could argue that im light years ahead of anything you will ever be..... but i dont show a fish just to flex my muscles. thats not me.

dont get all wound up im saying this light hearted and joking but true.

i think its just the way you come across like your the profit of all lawns

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not trying to be a a$$ but i just dont like your attitude in the posts so thats why i gave you a hard time. i dont think your anything special there's a million guys just like you if not better, im 21 and could argue that im light years ahead of anything you will ever be..... but i dont show a fish just to flex my muscles. thats not me.

dont get all wound up im saying this light hearted and joking but true.

i think its just the way you come across like your the profit of all lawns
omg are you still on the stupid fish picture...i swear to you on my mothers grave i never even thought about my arm in that picture i truly just wanted to show off the big fish...im sorry if i had to use my arm to hold the fish while the picture was shot and who ever said anything about me being special.

I dare you to go back and read all of my post and i never once said i was better then anyone...thats your self esteem problem not mine and as far as you arguing that you are light years ahead of someone twice your age is an argument that you would lose!
Now dont go bashing me and then tell me your only joking because that makes no sense either, why do you feel the need to start something ? QUOTE....
" im 21 and could argue that im light years ahead of anything you will ever be" Thats not a good way to show how your not like me!!!! And with this said just ignore me and my post if you dont like me because im not going to get into the games again ok!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yet right under that you say..

Doesn't add up to me:confused:
lol i know but i also know that having the right equipment will help me bring in the cash flow for not just this winter but for years to come, i am not going to stay status qout just because of a few cold months.
I have a plan and im proceeding with it. Besides i have financed these things with 0% intrest 0 payments for 6 mos so does that make more sense to you?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dang man you get fired up easy. calm down.... take a deep breath.... hold it....exhale.
No problem peace , lets not go back to the old days of arguing on every post thats what kept me off this board. It got so bad you couldnt post a thing without someone saying some smart a$$ comment within 3 replys and it got old, i come on here for advice and to hopefully give some back even though i dont know as much as most on here i have been busting it and learning on the way!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Our family would like to bring some good old fashion work ethics and values back to our neighborhoods and that is what our company Vintage Lawn Care will do.We pride ourselves on affordable quality work and honesty that your grandparents would be proud of ! Remember when your word was your Bond and a hand shake meant something? Vintage Lawn Care

that whole thing just sounds like you think your better then everyone else and no one is doing it right. i read it the first time and thought "who does this jerk think he is"

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
The days of sloppy work,over pricing and careless attitudes have become the norm and we are going to do our part to bring better service and reasonable prices to our customers.

every one in my town mows wicked good lines and trust me NOOOO one is over priced.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Our family would like to bring some good old fashion work ethics and values back to our neighborhoods and that is what our company Vintage Lawn Care will do.We pride ourselves on affordable quality work and honesty that your grandparents would be proud of ! Remember when your word was your Bond and a hand shake meant something? Vintage Lawn Care

that whole thing just sounds like you think your better then everyone else and no one is doing it right. i read it the first time and thought "who does this jerk think he is"
omg i dont think anyone but you would think that about my mission statement...where do you get all that from my mission statement?? do you even have a mission statement and know why you should??? Now you are really starting to piss me off so just do me a favor and stop replying to my post unless you are going to be mature!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
good old fashion work ethics and values back to our neighborhoods...... you say it like they have left, like you are the only one that does good work. you can get all pissed just because i read it that way im sure im not the only one.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well not really because 6 mos from now is the dead of winter and now you have new payments to make.
ok if i must explain my reasons and finances to you its like this, by the time my first payments are due which will be less then $125.00 a month we will be into feb and by that time i will have been plowing which i usally make a good bit of money doing and then i will start mowing again in march or april and i will be balls to the wall and the payment wont bother me..look just because i said im worried about the winter months dosent mean im broke i simply dont want to have to rely on my business cash flow...oh never mind!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.