• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

For those of you who carry a business license

slimart01

LawnSite Member
Do any of you have to get licensed in each municipality that you do business in? Many of my local jurisdictions require a license if you will be selling a product or service in there town/county? My big question is for those that do get licensed in multiple cities and counties, do you have to pay business property tax for each municipality or just the one your company is located?

topsites

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm pretty sure that's the way it works so I can't tell you what to do but I like to take things one step at a time...
So first get a license and pay the taxes, once that's done I might see about worrying on everything else.

Now I'm no attorney, keep that in mind as well.
So if you have one around you might ask them this question.

Charles

Moderator, Friend, Angel
Yes, you have to get a license for each city and town you do business in. That is the way it works in SC. You only pay taxes on where your office and/or home is. Of course the license is a form of tax. The fee is better than the fine for not having one.