For those who own Husqvarna 324l string trimmer

lawnsaspire

LawnSite Bronze Member
Has this been a reliable trimmer for you? Has it been durable? I want to buy a trimmer that will last for years and years and not give me many problems. I've owned the 223l in the past. While a great trimmer, it eventually has clutch problems and carb issues, and the recoil is not durable. The recoil on the 324l looks like it may be different. At least it has a different outer housing. I'm considering it also for its a 4 cycle. At 11 pounds its sounds manageable, especially if it's well balanced. Thoughts anyone? I could only find comments 2 or 3 years ago on this trimmer. Espescially I want to know about it's recoil mechanism and overall long durability. I think the reason for clutch issues before may have been I run with the guard off. Thinking about fully returning to Husqvarna as I just bought their most powerful handheld blower and have been very impressed. We only have husky, Stihl, and echo in this area.

Last edited:
OP
lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire

LawnSite Bronze Member
Or if anyone has a thought on 4 stroke trimmers in general and the pros and cons and longevity of them.

Valk

LawnSite Gold Member
While I love my 35cc Honda, it is heavy at 15+ lbs. For the power & weight of a 25cc Honda trimmer (12.5 lbs??), you can easily have perhaps 50% more power in a 2-stroke for the same weight or even a little lighter.

As an example, my Maruyama B30L is 30cc and is 11.5 lbs.

My Honda has been durable and easy to start in the 7-8 years I've had it.

OP
lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire

LawnSite Bronze Member
While I love my 35cc Honda, it is heavy at 15+ lbs. For the power & weight of a 25cc Honda trimmer (12.5 lbs??), you can easily have perhaps 50% more power in a 2-stroke for the same weight or even a little lighter.

As an example, my Maruyama B30L is 30cc and is 11.5 lbs.

My Honda has been durable and easy to start in the 7-8 years I've had it.
Thank you! The husky 324 is 11.4 pounds according to husqvarna website

OP
lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire

LawnSite Bronze Member
Another question- can 4 strokes be turned upside down or does this rob parts of the engine of oil like a mower? Especially when edging?

Valk

LawnSite Gold Member
Go to Honda's website and read how they state it...but the short answer is yes, they run just fine when edging. I love the low end power of my 35cc and it is sooo quiet compared to a chainsaw 2-stroke. Silky smooth.