? for those who tape flyers to paper boxes

birddseedd

LawnSite Silver Member
So i get a call from 3 people so far (1000 or so flyers out so far); 2 of them want a quote. and one wanted to call and tell me that they will never call me for service because of the "inconvenience" of having a flyer taped to their paper box.

what do you do when you get a call like this? I am careful not to put the flyer on the mail box.

ffemt1271

LawnSite Bronze Member
Putting anything in,or on a mailbox is not legal. At least not here
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
B

birddseedd

LawnSite Silver Member
I would quit taping fliers to people's mail boxes. Pay the postage fee and do post-card or flier mailer advertisements. Or find other ways to advertise.
So i get a call from 3 people so far (1000 or so flyers out so far); 2 of them want a quote. and one wanted to call and tell me that they will never call me for service because of the "inconvenience" of having a flyer taped to their paper box.

what do you do when you get a call like this? I am careful not to put the flyer on the mail box.

see the red text....

OP
B

birddseedd

LawnSite Silver Member
Putting anything in,or on a mailbox is not legal. At least not here
Posted via Mobile Device

see the red text....

JMK Lawn Service

LawnSite Member
What do you guys usually do with your flyers? i have paid the postage and put them in mail boxes and most recently i go door to door and if they are not home i put the flyer in the door. None of that has really worked though, only if i talk to the home owner. Thanks in advance

OP
B

birddseedd

LawnSite Silver Member
What do you guys usually do with your flyers? i have paid the postage and put them in mail boxes and most recently i go door to door and if they are not home i put the flyer in the door. None of that has really worked though, only if i talk to the home owner. Thanks in advance
from what i gather you get about a 1% -2% return on flyers. but if you can drive by and put them on the paperbox or the POLE of the mailbox (not the box itself) you can put out 10x-30x more flyers than walking.

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
from what i gather you get about a 1% -2% return on flyers. but if you can drive by and put them on the paperbox or the POLE of the mailbox (not the box itself) you can put out 10x-30x more flyers than walking.
Some, no MOST people see that as littering as you have found out with the phone call.