1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

?? for users of walker mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crzymow, Mar 16, 2005.

1. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I was just curious as to how you get your grass from the mower into the a truck????

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Most of the time, I dump the grass or leaves on the street curb and suck them up with a leaf vac. If I am not driving my leaf vac truck, I will usually just dump the grass on a tarp and through the tarp up in the bed of the truck. I normally don't collect grass during the regular mowing season. I put on my 52" discharge deck and go.

3. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Lay a large heavy duty garbage pail on the ground and scoop the grass in, toss it into the truck, dump, repeat.

All depends on how much you have too !

Walker also makes plastic inserts that you set inside the hopper for " easier " dumping. Haven't used them so I can't comment - maybe someone else could.

4. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I dont bag, but you may have seen their new "truck dumper" system under "whats new" www.walkermowers.com , that may be nice for some.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I did a little creative measuring and designed my own front gate system. Its hinged and folds right down to my bumper. I don't bag much anymore but on big jobs this works great. Go to this link.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=17516

6. Mowmoregrass

Mowmoregrass LawnSite Member

Green Barrels. Who are you dealing with for your walker ?

7. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I dont have a walker mower, i think they do a great job. My nearest dealer is about a hour and a half away. I keep thinking about them. Maybe in the future.

8. Mowmoregrass

Mowmoregrass LawnSite Member

Give me a call, I am a little closer. 814 353 8185.
    We have demos ready to go.

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Mowmore grass

can you shoot me an email..mjs82@georgetown.edu would like to talk off line..

10. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Use the metal coal shovels. Dump on the ground and scoop it up with the shovles. Quickest way I have found.