? For Walker Owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Nov 1, 2001.

  1. Mowman

    Mowman LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 553

    How in the world do you change a flat tire? I got a flat yesterday and pissed around an hour trying to figure out how the hell to get it jacked up to get the tire off. I couldn't get the jack under the frame anywhere. So I did a NO,NO maybe and jacked under the fuel tank then put a block under the cross member frame then let the jack down and the got the tire off.
    Is there a BETTER way of getting this job done? PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Thanks for your advice, as I'm sure this will not be the only flat tire I ever have with this mower.


    SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 835


    I got a flat a week after I baught mine. Just pulled the nail out, plugged it , injected some slime and filled it with air..

    I too had trouble finding a jacking point. I have driven up onto a ramp or block of wood and then used a jack to lift it up and use a bigger block of wood or jack stand or such to support it safly and then take off the tire... There is definatly not enough ground clearance under the machine...
  3. HacMan91

    HacMan91 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 114

    I agree, go to auto zone and buy a plug kit then to walmart and buy a small compressor ($20) or tank. It works for me, I dont use the slime. If you lose your seal on your rim try to get it back on your trailer and go to a gas station and use their air, youll need the quick burst to seal it back up. After about 20 plugs or when it leaks down all the time buy you a new tire.
  4. JJ Lawn

    JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 350


    I use a floor type jack with the smaller head on it. There is just enough room to catch the frame behind the tire on the gas tank side, or use the leg off the instrument panel behind tire on the other side.

    If you don't have that kind of jack then take the deck off. Then you can get a jack under the front frame. Or fix it on the machine.

  5. captdevo

    captdevo LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 932

    plug flats if possible...

    otherwise, i keep a 6' pinch (pry) bar that i put under the frame and lever off a block to lift and prop the tractor up. works good!
  6. Ric

    Ric LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,969


    I even have to jack my to change oil can't get the oil pan under it. Slime your tires you can buy it at Wally World (Walmart). I have taken a long prybar and lifted the walker high enough to slide a jack under it. LOL

    I can't spellll but 2+2=5
  7. captdevo

    captdevo LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 932


    i use a baking pan for oil changes, fits under Walkers with ease.

  8. MOW ED

    MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 5,028

    The baking pan is a good idea, I use an old paint roller tray. You can really get fancy and put a cheap plastic liner in it and have no mess after you dump.
  9. JJ Lawn

    JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 350

    We all must have attended the same cooking class. :)

    I also us a cake pan for oil changes, and before that I used the ol paint roller tray.

  10. 65hoss

    65hoss LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,360

    Plug 'em.

Share This Page