1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ford apparently wasn't happy with 2nd place.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by doubleedge, Aug 4, 2010.

1. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

2. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I wonder what the frame upgrade is? Too bad I missed out. I pick mine up tonight:cool2:

3. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

that sucks for the people that just bought new trucks and missed out on this upgrade

4. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

You can still get the hp/tq upgrade!

5. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

wouldn't it be nice if the big three would stop the horsepower war and instead go to a reliability war. 300 hp is plenty of power for a medium duty truck. i would like to see instead a heavier 7-9 speed transmission to help keep the power in usable ranges.

6. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Yes I will. Truck is sweet. I got 19.2 MPG on the 50 mile trip home at 70 MPH. I reset it when I got off the highway and averaged 18.5 through town.

7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

That is all fine but now what - click of a mouse and dodge re-programs there cummins and GM will stay here at think at this point but when there intro there new truck they will jump the numbers again. I my neighbor the dodge dealer / owner says no big deal to increase Hp, torx, just play with the settings a bit and its done.

How much hp do you need in a truck much less payload or frame to handle that much power. After all it is still a 3/4 or ton truck.

8. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

The problem therr is the fact that most people don't know when to use the extre 3-4 gears.

Sure, people that have driven semis before, but the average joe won't know when to use the extra gears. Although, I have to admit, 800 ft-lbs, 400 HP, ex-heavy suspension and extra braking and a 7-9 speed in a truck like an F550 would be awesome. Small enough to drive around, and yet has the power to yank arond some serious size stuf.