1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ford problems

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by matt10486, Aug 17, 2011.

1. matt10486

matt10486 LawnSite Member

Ok so I bought a 2011 F250 back in February, noticed the tranny was hesitating, and when I would park on an incline and put the truck into drive or reverse I would hear a grinding sound. I’ve had the truck at the dealership 3 times now, the first two; they couldn’t find anything wrong with it. I just got it back after them having it for 2 weeks; they claimed the grinding noise is normal, and the replaced 3 solenoids. Needless to say the truck is still giving me problems. I know all the fords jokes, not looking to hear any of them, just looking to see where I go from here. Could it be considered a lemon even though the first two times nothing was found?

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

all trucks will act weird when shifting out of park on a hill.

3. matt10486

does yours grind? its still hesitating while shifting through gears as well.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Not realy a grind as much as a bang. my 01 f-350 did it along with 04 e 250 and 06 f-350

5. matt10486

i traded a 04 f250 in that had nothing but rust issues, first new truck and have had nothing but problems with it since i bought it.

would it be worth trading in on another make? or would i lose out on way to much cash?

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

You will take a beating selling it now. Try a different dealer or better yet a privateer.

7. matt10486

Thats what I figured. The dealership I took it to gave me the worst customer service ever, i get better service at mcdonalds. :hammerhead:

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

2 weeks without a truck is BS. I give em 2 days max , the see ya.