• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Ford's new spreader package

mkroher

LawnSite Senior Member
Or is it... ?

Lesco spreader.... $400
scrap steel from local shop..... $27
Having a friend that can weld you anything... PRICELESS

lawn king

LawnSite Silver Member
That will not fly with the massachusetts DOT. I hear the CT DOT is even stricter. Time will tell?

lawnservice

LawnSite Senior Member
we carry spreaders in front. never had a legal problem with it in MA

but the statement of carrying 80# product in a spreader is not being responsible in my opinion.

lawnservice

LawnSite Senior Member
never while we have had a spreader on front. but SUV's carry racks in front all the time. the coke-a-cola guy carrys his hand truck in front.

my buddy is with the rmv and I have asked about this....funny thing is nobody seems to know for sure. the 'advice' i've got is as long as no lights are obstructed (headlights or signal lights) and the registration plate is visible

these days very rarely do we have anything mounted to the front end so its no longer an issue for us. and in my honest opinion....its kinda ugly

OP
M

mkroher

LawnSite Senior Member
carrying 80lbs in a spreader is not responsible? what about the guys with 120lbs of product in a permagreen hanging off the back of the truck?

no i haven't been inspected by the dot yet.

I didn't realize i'd get all this bashing on lawnsite.

LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnSite Silver Member
If you think this is bashing then you need to toughen up a little. Sounds more like concern and constructive thinking.....