Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many of you guys have or do Foreclosure mowings? Also, I would love to hear some stories in regards to these mowings.... Blown engines, bent blades, etc....

Let's hear them if you got them. Better yet...Let's see them....

JB

Plant Plant community Sky Land lot Vegetation

Plant Property Sky Tree Home fencing

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
the only thing that i have done that comes close id HUD homes, i have 5 parishes (counties). no one lived in the ones i did , some were overgrown for the first cut, but i did them every 2 weeks, payed excellent, and a guaranteed pay

·
Registered
217 Posts
This is all I do for now. I mow about 220 properties every other week. The only thing that sucks about this business is not knowing when you are going to get the work and what homes are going to be on the list.
You generally dont have to worry about trash at these homes if they have already been trashed out and had its initial services. I get properties that are over my head and not once have I hit anything. What the banks do, or property preservation guys do is come in, pick up the debris and do an initial cut. Then the bank will have it done every other week, or they sometimes wait til the city gives them a fine. They only properties I worry about are the ones in the ghetto where the bunms throw 40's and glass bottles in the lawn. Other than that its a great way to make alot of dough in a little amount of time. One contract I have gives me 120 to do in 4 days. These are very lose together and worth the rush.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
They can be good. Just make sure that you watch what your mowing, price them right, and do a good job. It's nice to have a mower that is older, or one you don't care about as much.

·
Registered
365 Posts
This is all I do for now. I mow about 220 properties every other week. The only thing that sucks about this business is not knowing when you are going to get the work and what homes are going to be on the list.
You generally dont have to worry about trash at these homes if they have already been trashed out and had its initial services. I get properties that are over my head and not once have I hit anything. What the banks do, or property preservation guys do is come in, pick up the debris and do an initial cut. Then the bank will have it done every other week, or they sometimes wait til the city gives them a fine. They only properties I worry about are the ones in the ghetto where the bunms throw 40's and glass bottles in the lawn. Other than that its a great way to make alot of dough in a little amount of time. One contract I have gives me 120 to do in 4 days. These are very lose together and worth the rush.
how do you bid on these by the job or sqft or what. Reason is we do some for the code enforcement and some do pay good and some well...we get pay by the s/f (.007s/f)....

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Just wondering how many of you guys have or do Foreclosure mowings? Also, I would love to hear some stories in regards to these mowings.... Blown engines, bent blades, etc....

Let's hear them if you got them. Better yet...Let's see them....

JB
You live in FL - mowing that kind of mess? I'll bet there are snakes in that there grass! Watch out....

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I do a lot of these, and I find them profitable and enjoyable. My mower can actually handle a lot when it is discharging, but if it's really high I just trim it down first and charge accordingly.

·
Registered
217 Posts
how do you bid on these by the job or sqft or what. Reason is we do some for the code enforcement and some do pay good and some well...we get pay by the s/f (.007s/f)....
I have contracts with companies around my area. I get paid $30 for recuts, $40 for initial cuts and bid everything over 12 inches. Those prices are up to 10,000 s/f. I could get about $250-300 for that yard posted earlier. What I do is rent a brush hog, then use the nicer mower to finish it off. I dont do enough of those yet to buy one. I love it, where else can you get 100 accounts in aday with no investment. You just never know what you will have the next day. I have gone from 200 to 80 to 300 to 180. I am trying to get out of this and back into residents. Something more stable, this is good for extra work in down time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I cut some also money is good most of the time. I charge X amount unless they are big like an acre or more. Some times distance hurts for one but I figure it is just one cost of doing business. They are only about 25% of all I do. You never know today you loose 5 and maybe pick up 3 one day. They are cut and go jobs. Im told just make them look pretty good except some times if one is in a high price neighborhood I take extra care of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.