• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Foreclosure work

Bustedblade

LawnSite Member
I have been approached by a local bank to do upkeep on their foreclosed properties.
Anyone else doing this type of work???
Posted via Mobile Device

SouthSide Cutter

LawnSite Bronze Member
Done some a few years back, once a month or when they called. also done some for Real Estate Companies. Most were real chitty never got my money on some of the Real Estate jobs, always got paid from local banks. But the ones that were out of state took awhile. Forget how the saying goes fool me once fool me twice. I quit mowing them and wont mow anything like that again. But if you have to have it mow it and take your lumps.

OP
B

Bustedblade

LawnSite Member
I think I will make them do a percentage upfront, sounds like I was thinking...lousy payers
Posted via Mobile Device

Rivervalleylawns

LawnSite Member
If it is a local bank man they should be good for the money. Deposits scare away alot of customers. Just tell them that your invoices are net 15 or 30 days. If you need the extra work dont turn it down, just know they are usually in pretty bad condition. But depending on your size, if your smaller you might be able to get some extra work. Alot of times they need new doors, locks, little painting or something small done as well. Obviously if you are busier with guys you wouldnt be interested but its a good contact.

OrangeToys

LawnSite Bronze Member

SouthSide Cutter

LawnSite Bronze Member
Dont get me wrong the local banks were good on their money. But about all the jobs were just plain low down chity 2ft high grass, trash out the @#$ low end houses. Iam sure there might be better jobs but not the ones I had.

OP
B

Bustedblade

LawnSite Member
I'm liking the net 15 idea, a friend of mine told me Sunday that his plowing with a certain bank regularly runs 60 over his net 30 deal he has with them.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
B

Bustedblade

LawnSite Member
Honestly the only reason I am considering the work is my brother wants to get in on the action. I do not want to work with him daily because I am a prick and expect my guys to work as hard as I do. I will regularly walk and trim while someone else rides. I just feel he will want special treatment and it could muck up the crew, so my solution is to give him the bank account and keep my regular thing going smoothly, like it is. I have great guys and don't fix things that are not broke.
Posted via Mobile Device

SouthSide Cutter

LawnSite Bronze Member
I might do them for the banks if I was just starting to get my foot in the door or other jobs. But I dont need any more work like that right now and its really nice when you can take what you want and pass on what you dont want. But I always give a number of someone who does need the work or wants it.

XXXNewLawn

LawnSite Member
I have been approached by a local bank to do upkeep on their foreclosed properties.
Anyone else doing this type of work???
Posted via Mobile Device
No...But I've been trying to get into foreclosure cuttings, but never seems nobody will answer their doors. I finally took my flyers down to recycle with higher and cheaper prices, and put them back up. Still now answers