Lawn Care Forum banner

Forever Green Professional Lawn Care

6K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  FredJones 
#1 ·
Hello all,

My name is Terry. I have recently exited the corporate world after 17 years in investment related business (financial analysis and trading). It has always been a dream of mine to be able to work outside doing something I enjoy while being in full control of my future. Through much prayer and thought I feel as though now is the time for me to move forward with this opportunity to start my own lawn care business. It is going to be tricky for me as my wife currently stays at home and home schools our three kids (10,8 & 5). Because of that it is imperative that I get in the green fast and have as good a plan as possible. My goal for this year would be 50-75 residential clients and possibly one or two commercial clients. My step dad has done a small business for the last 8 years so he's provided some guidance. He also has a couple of friends that have 6 figure mowing operations with just one helper.

I have purchased a brand new 52" Wright Stander-X, a new 36" Wright Stander Intensity, a Husqvarna 580BTS blower and a new 77x12 utility trailer. I will be pulling it this first year with my 04 Toyota 4Runner. I also have purchased a Toro 826LE Snow Blower and a hitch cargo carrier to pull it around. I live in a suburb of Kansas City, MO. I will be taking the Certified Applicators Exam in Feb. I have a website www.forevergreenkc.com, business cards, some vehicle & trailer signage. I also have some Yard type signs for Snow removal which I will put out just before storms at key locations entering and exiting upper end subdivisions. Goal is to use snow removal as an avenue to promote my lawn business.

I have just kind of started in the last month so don't have many clients. I've done a couple of leaf jobs from friends and Craigslist. I also have a couple of lawns lined up for next year but haven't truly pursued or targeted that yet. I have also got my commercial account setup at the Grasspad where I will purchase fertilizers and seed.

I know this was sort of long but I just wanted to introduce myself and what stage my business is at and what all I have done to this point. If you can make any obvious observations of something I'm missing or overlooking feel free to let me know. I'm excited about this forum and the wealth of experience and knowledge that seems to be available here. A little more about me.....married with three kids, love to hunt and fish and go camping with the family. Also love my Mizzou Tigers!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.