Formatting has died?

AlohaMowing

LawnSite Senior Member
Within the past few weeks I have noticed that I can no longer use any of the formatting tools for new posts -- the bold, italics, list, link, insert image, etc. tools. The section at the top of the block for those formatting tools for new posts used to be dark icons, now they are grayed out. My browser is the latest Firefox, version 94.0.1 (64-bit).

Michael J. Donovan

Head Moderator, Online Communities
Staff member
when posting, there is a tool bar above the box to post in, you can click on those icons or tools to change/adjust the formatting, etc

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
I have no access to emojis it seems. Mac/Safari here.

Michael J. Donovan

Staff member
you should have a "smiley face" emoji in the toll box right above where you you reply...I circled it in the screen shot attached
LS screen shot.jpg

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
I now see what's happening. When clicking on the "smiley face" I'm taken to the bottom of the page requiring that I scroll up to the reply box. Weird, but G2G.

OP
AlohaMowing

AlohaMowing

LawnSite Senior Member
when posting, there is a tool bar above the box to post in, you can click on those icons or tools to change/adjust the formatting, etc
I was able to do that up until a few weeks ago, but the function has died in Firefox, probably due to some update of Firefox.

Here is the view of that section in Firefox with dead icons:
1637782511666.png

As you can see, those icons are not as dark as they are when I use my SeaMonkey browser which I have as a backup, basic browser and am using here to be able to post these images:
1637782540188.png

Michael J. Donovan

Staff member
I was able to do that up until a few weeks ago, but the function has died in Firefox, probably due to some update of Firefox.

Here is the view of that section in Firefox with dead icons:
View attachment 465363

As you can see, those icons are not as dark as they are when I use my SeaMonkey browser which I have as a backup, basic browser and am using here to be able to post these images:
View attachment 465364
yeah, seems strange and I am thinking it has something to do with your settings on Firefox, maybe? I don't have any issues in Chrome...

Top Forums