Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

I feel like this is my lucky night. I've been in business for a long time, but never knew that this large forum existed. I feel like I just stumbled upon a goldmine. I'm a member at a few computer forums, but didn't ever think about one for my own field. Is this the only green related forum that exists out there?

Now let me introduce myself.
I currently run 4 full time crews (2 men on each crew) and I have an additional 3 part time employees that I use when I take on some bigger jobs.
I have 134 full service accounts, 82 accounts that are just cuts with an occasional hedge trimming tacked on.
Aerations and leaves are big for us in the fall.
The past 3 years I have really branched out taking on more larger type jobs such as retaining walls and paver patios.

I really look forward to sitting back this winter and getting to shoot the breeze with you all. I hope to be able to answer some questions and help some of you out too.

Shoot me an e-mail if you'd like to chat.
[email protected]

· Registered
1,427 Posts
welcome new friend

· Banned
159 Posts
Welcome . . . . and . . . .what tiedeman said, sometimes we get carried away with the joshing and forget that we might be stepping on someone's toes. I think you'll enjoy yourself on this forum we learn alot and rib alot. Mmmmm rib.

· Registered
364 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Someone with your experience should have plenty to share here.

· Registered
640 Posts
welcome, I felt the same. What an asset.

· Registered
2,894 Posts
The people here at LS have put me in business & I continue to get good lessons, advice, and examples here. Very nice sense of community at this site. The history at LS is a HUGE asset......the archives. You can research just about any topic you could imagine.

· Banned
726 Posts
chuckwk,

I know I’m on the watch list. Though honored, it might be better to just ban me right now. One of the traits of a Nazi was their lack of the ability to understand or take a joke. If someone has to explain every detail, it’s no longer funny and it’s insulting to the person who lacks understanding. This heavy handed censoring you guys have resorted to makes you guys look overly sensitive, petty, and effeminate.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow thanks guys for the welcome. I look forward to jumping in to some of the discussions soon.

Bluesteel: I haven't been around long enough to know what you are talking about.... but i do know that a good forum does need some leadership/censorship/moderation (however it is referred to here) to keep the forum running good. The few computer forums that I participated in were run by a few select individuals who were looking out for the betterment of the forum. Looks like that's how it's run here. Sounds fine to me.

· Registered
13,950 Posts
Originally posted by Bluesteel
chuckwk,

I know I’m on the watch list. Though honored, it might be better to just ban me right now. One of the traits of a Nazi was their lack of the ability to understand or take a joke. If someone has to explain every detail, it’s no longer funny and it’s insulting to the person who lacks understanding. This heavy handed censoring you guys have resorted to makes you guys look overly sensitive, petty, and effeminate.
Then go to another site?
John Gamba

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.