1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Found Amsoil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by locutus, Dec 6, 2003.

1. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I was reading a thread the other day in which I think Rodfather recommended using the Amsoil 2cycle premix. I checked out Amsoils website and was just about ready to buy on-line, when I realized that I wouldn't have much need for it until next spring, so I decided to wait. Another reason I decided to wait is that the shipping cost is close to what the pre-mix alone costs.

Well, to cut to the chase, I was brousing around in a local Ace hardware and guess what I spot kind of tucked away in a corner near the Stihl equipment? Yep, Amsoil 100:1 pre-mix. They also had the packets that mix with one gallon. I bought two quarts and plan to buy more in the next few weeks just to stock up. The price on the Quarts was $7.99. Saved $6.00 on the shipping. I feel like I hit the jackpot. The reason I started this thread is I think Ace is a nationwide company and other locations may stock it,saving anyone interested a good chunk of change.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Alot of private auto part stores and lawn equipment stores also stock it.

Mac

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Thanks, I plan on checking the Ace here Monday.

4. I buy it by the case 12 bottles to a case 24.90 perferred buyers
    One bottle each for six gallons of gas.I mix it up 80 to 1 in a 5 gallon can

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

ace doesnt have it here but I think some motorcycle shops carry it, ive been using ace hardware oil for over 5 years and never had any problems with it.

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I found it too, we were in Superior last year and found the company store. I was just a little bummed that it was Sunday and they were closed.