Found some 0-0-7 at Lowes

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Methodical2, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Methodical2

Methodical2 LawnSite Member

I found this 0-0-7 Crabgrass Preemergent at Lowes. It has 17.2% Dithiopyr as the active ingredient. Is anyone familiar with this company?

Thanks...

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Here is online information.
    http://sunnilandcorp.com/

Most likely they have it made by an outside contractor. You can probably figure it out from the EPA number.

53883-209-9404

3. Methodical2

Thanks. I had reviewed their website. I should've ask has anyone used it before and what's their thoughts on it.

4. WIgolfsuper

WIgolfsuper LawnSite Member

This is dimension on a carrier. Works good in the right application or in the right situation. Barricade or Prodiamine would be a better longer lasting choice.

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

This is sort of the "southern formula". No nitrogen because--on warm-season grasses you don't want nitrogen on the grass until it greens up, but you may need to apply crabgrass control a few weeks before that date. I am not sure how the present on-sale price compares to your dealer's pallet price. How much does a bag cover? Take a careful look to be sure there is enough dithiopyr (Dimension) as percent in the bag to be effective and last long enough to protect you all summer. You need about .174 pounds per acre--or four thousandths of a pound per thousand sqft.

Not sure, I think my number show, .0055 pounds per thousand, if a bag covers 5000 sqft.

If it costs under about 6 dollars, good deal. Was it stored outside? Is it hard and lumpy or soft and usable?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  6. kemco

kemco LawnSite Bronze Member

A 50# bag covers 20k per the lable I just read at a little over a buck per k in my area prices. Prodiamine much better choice. Heck specticle work like a champ down south here. A tad pricey but it works great on warm turf.

7. Methodical2

Thanks everyone. It's $20 a bag, 50lbs and covers 20k. It's not hard or clumpy and it is stored outside.