1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Found wallet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike Blevins, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Found a wallet yesterday while mowing. I looked inside for identification. There was a driver license and $280.00 dollars in cash. Also a couple of bank credit cards. I took it to the association president who also is a cop. He found the owner within about 45 minutes. Dude comes out and offers 50.00 bucks. I told him that no need just vote for me next year when the contract needs renewing. LOL

2. windsory

windsory LawnSite Member

good job man.

i lost my wallet last night at six flags. i got a call this morning, someone turned in my wallet, but minus the $60 in cash of course.

3. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Good man!! This will be remembered.

4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

An employee of mine found a diamond ring (nice big one) in the grass along a customers driveway. He knocked on the door and gave it too the homeowner. It had been lost for 6 months. They were delighted. They gave him $100 reward.

5. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

i would be happy wiyh that deal.

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

WOW, most would consider a paw shop but he did the right thing.

7. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

So there really is people left in this world that still do the right thing.

8. CrewKut

CrewKut LawnSite Member

Walked into the Post Office last week to check the po box. There was someone's Discover card laying on the floor in the middle of the lobby. I picked it up and turned it in at the desk.

Dan

9. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I found a lady's Big wallet in a shopping cart in the parking lot at the store. Yes, I turned it into the office, and would'nt you know it after doing that I thought man... I should have looked inside of it and called them myself and then when they came to claim it, tell them that I stuck some business cards in there and would be grateful if she knew anyone that was looking, I could use the business.
    Why do we always think of these things after the fact?

10. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Knowing that your a good person, will be worth more to you and carry you further than anything that the pawn shop would cough up. JMHO