1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

FREE Google webpage?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ltdlawn, Nov 21, 2017.

1. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Bronze Member

In another thread I had read about google places/my business (I was already on) offering a free webpage. I decided to give it a shot. Any input on how to best utilize this would be greatly appreciated. It allows you to add posts to the google places listing too.

2. ltdlawn

3. Lawnline

Lawnline LawnSite Member

This could work just to have some kind of online presence, but I wouldn't expect it to generate any leads for you. There are a few major issues that will hinder your ability to gain organic rankings with this website. For example, you don't have it on your own domain name, it is a subdomain of "business.site". Another problem is you don't have multiple pages to create dedicated service pages and other pages to focus on a particular topic.

If you're serious about your website, want to generate leads, and don't have the money to hire a professional, then create a DIY site on a platform that can have multiple pages and be on your own domain name.

ltdlawn and Ben Bowen like this.
  4. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

To echo Lawnline... these sites are only likely to be found if someone searches for your biz name, or you use Adwords.

ltdlawn likes this.
  5. ltdlawn

At this point I am not planning to have full website. So I think it fills my needs currently. What could I benefit from owning the actual domain name?

I am more focused on the "near by" searches as I do not Service the county. Since doing this I have had over 1000 image views for the life of me I do not understand that. I have lots of work photos and I am building review count now

6. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have maybe 80 pictures there, I do use the posts a couple times a month, and most of my reviews get posted there, I think a lot of my traffic comes through that page. How did you get so many reviews so quick?

7. ltdlawn

IMG_1537.PNG Photo views are off the charts for some reason.

8. ltdlawn

Not to come off cocky but I do really good work and develop relationships with customers. Then ask for reviews. I did a one time job today (clean up) and she already left me 5 stars.
    A week ago I had one review.
    I know you mainly do landscape I would send a text to them asking if they are still happy with work you performed. If they reply yes say let me know if there is anything they need done and that you would appreciate a review and send link.

9. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do have 5 reviews since this year on there, I have just been afraid to ask for them. I have as many as any local company in my area, and a lot more pictures/posts than anyone else. So it seems most guys don't utilize it very well or just don't care. I told one lady where to review last week and will start asking for more.

10. Lawnline

Lawnline LawnSite Member

The credibility/authority for your website is tied to the domain name. This plays heavily into your ability to rank organically. If you build authority for that domain name and decide to get your own later, you'll be starting over with your domain authority.