Lawn Care Forum banner

What administrative tasks do you need help with the most?

• First Day Paperwork

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scheduling Interviews

• Answering Phones

• Other/Please write in post.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there. :) Check out the title to gain the best understanding of my post!

Please note that I am not looking for anything full-time (right now). I am able to write handbooks, and/or policies, in accordance with company standards, as well as state labor laws. My niche is in recruiting (finding people & bringing them straight to you!). Okay, being able to help another is my real niche, but HR and helping others go hand-in-hand. I have recruited people from all over the United States.

My last position, with a lawn care and landscape company, was awesome! I was able to learn a lot, utilize many of my skills, and attain new skills. Some of the projects that I headed included: Company Handbook, Standard Operating Procedures, Color-coordinated Recruiting Funnel/Pipeline, and many others!

If you need help adding people to your team, or need help getting your First Day Paperwork ready for new employees to sign, I’m your next business partner!

Regards,
Tara

P.S. I would be working fully remotely. Not opposed to occasional office visits (within the U.S.), however.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm, can't say I'm much of a fan of Indeed. Most leads I've gotten through them are indeed terrible. :)
ha. That was in response to another Poster’s question.

As far as job searching engines go, however, it really depends on the market that you are in as to what works best — this is where Market Analysis comes into play. There are a lot of other factors as well (e.g. job description, posting schedule, and overall recruiting process to name a few).

Truthfully when it comes to recruiting, there can be an issue, or hangup, which messes up the entire recruiting cycle/pipeline, and yet the solution is as simple as changing your job posting schedule, or even changing the wording on a job description!

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Yea seriously! I thought this would have been a popular thread :unsure:
It's seeding season. It's just bad timing. I can barely keep up with Maxing out the Hits!! A lot of that stuff my wife handles so I can concentrate on working, selling services, and working on equipment. I'll check it out when I finish working.

·
Registered
7,377 Posts
Hey there. :) Check out the title to gain the best understanding of my post!

Please note that I am not looking for anything full-time (right now). I am able to write handbooks, and/or policies, in accordance with company standards, as well as state labor laws. My niche is in recruiting (finding people & bringing them straight to you!). Okay, being able to help another is my real niche, but HR and helping others go hand-in-hand. I have recruited people from all over the United States.

My last position, with a lawn care and landscape company, was awesome! I was able to learn a lot, utilize many of my skills, and attain new skills. Some of the projects that I headed included: Company Handbook, Standard Operating Procedures, Color-coordinated Recruiting Funnel/Pipeline, and many others!

If you need help adding people to your team, or need help getting your First Day Paperwork ready for new employees to sign, I’m your next business partner!

Regards,
Tara

P.S. I would be working fully remotely. Not opposed to occasional office visits (within the U.S.), however.
I just seeing this now, and might contact you over the winter depending if I want to expand or downsize. I'm 70 and still not sure about my future.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
It's seeding season. It's just bad timing. I can barely keep up with Maxing out the Hits!! A lot of that stuff my wife handles so I can concentrate on working, selling services, and working on equipment. I'll check it out when I finish working.
Your wife sounds like she is a wonderful blessing!!

I just seeing this now, and might contact you over the winter depending if I want to expand or downsize. I'm 70 and still not sure about my future.
Okay! I am willing to do free consultations; this type of business adventure is new for me. With having worked in HR, I fully comprehend that time is the most valuable sense of currency known to mankind. That said, I am not looking to waste anyone’s time — mine included. 😅

Edited to add: free consultations will help us to determine whether or not we would be a good fit for each other, or not.

Hope to hear from you, and others, once the season slows down!

·
Registered
12,970 Posts
@Mark Stark
I thought lawn care and landscape company owners would be gnawing at the bit for help with HR. It seems I may have been wrong. 🤣
I did not. I was on LawnSite a few years back, and we interacted a bit. I went back and “liked,” one of your comments on one of my old threads.
Welcome back! Thought you had moved to the mountains a couple years back and left the "green biz"! 🗻

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome back! It puts me in mind to go check out the quotes thread. :)

Indeed I did leave the green biz! Technically, I’m still “out,” too because I didn’t find any leads here. Now that I’m set up to work fully remotely, I wanted to work in an industry that I was comfortable in. Turns out things don’t always work out the way we intend..who knew? 😅

Currently contracted, and working as a VA for an investment firm. I’ll admit I might be in a bit in over my head. It’s been so exciting getting back “in the office.” It’s a bit like riding a bike.

P.S. Still in the mountains — now with an internet connection (still no cell service), ha.

Cheers!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts