• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

From handymen to lawn care.

maple_sugar

LawnSite Member
Hi everyone, ive been working for my self for three years now. I started out as a handyman and people were asking me if i cut lawns. So i would do handyman workin the morning and do a few lawns here and there and realized i liked cutting lawns. Ive went from 7 lawns in my first year to near 30 now. Ive been doing aerating and fertilizing as well. I must say i really like the workaaqy

OP
M

maple_sugar

LawnSite Member
Im in northern ontario. I have a fairly good start on a snow removal buisness ive been working. I just try to do more small jobs really than get into any big jobs.

OP
M

maple_sugar

LawnSite Member
Absolutely, ill do things like snow deck clearing for seasonal cottagers eavestroph cleaning. Bring furniture up from docks to name a few. No real need to get into any big jobs really. Im moving fto handyman to full time lawn care and snow removal to simplfy things.

Andrew H

LawnSite Gold Member
One thing about mowing, everyone does it and there’s not as much money to be made as their used to be.

Get your applicator license

OP
M

maple_sugar

LawnSite Member
One thing about mowing, everyone does it and there’s not as much money to be made as their used to be.

Get your applicator license
Im gonna order the books to study and challenge the test. I would agree with you. Ive got 4 clients now that are using my buisness for aerating and fertilizing. This is sll new to me. Im learning as i go. Does any one know a website that has the info i need to take the weed spray course. Im from ontario

Andrew H

LawnSite Gold Member
Im gonna order the books to study and challenge the test. I would agree with you. Ive got 4 clients now that are using my buisness for aerating and fertilizing. This is sll new to me. Im learning as i go. Does any one know a website that has the info i need to take the weed spray course. Im from ontario
I doont know how Kannada does it