1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

From Walkbehind to ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassdaddy, Jul 20, 2003.

1. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Got my first ZTR friday.I just can't believe how much faster it is than my 17/48 walk behind.If its smooth,you can really MOW 10mph.and the distance it throws the clippings is really something.I still don't think it can handle hills as good as my w/b,but when I get a little better (or braver)we'll see.I've been grinning 3 days now.:D :D

2. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the new toy, I mean TOOL.. yeah, tool... thats what I meant to say!

So tell us... What exactly did ya get?!?!?

Its nice to mow a place and not dread walking more to trim and blow........

When I got my Z... The time to do my own lawn went from 2 hours to mow only with the belt drive WB, to 1 1/2 hrs to mow/trim & blow!

3. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

2001 turf tiger 27l/c 61".It was the family go-cart last night..:D

4. CS Lawns

CS Lawns LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Congrats I know how you feel! I just bought a 52" Scag Tiger Cub like the compact size, cuts great, runs great and its a huge time saver. also traded my 36" Toro proline in for a 36" Exmark Viking the hydro is the way to go!also love the ecs controls much better then the pistol type!