1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

front deck vs. walk behinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hunting202, Jun 28, 2002.

1. hunting202

hunting202 LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have a Walker 42 in cut. I see lots of people with walk behinds. Is there something I am missing? What advantages do they have over front deck mowers?

2. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

Well if you don't like the walker I'll trade you my John Deere walkbehind for it:D

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Its nothing YOU are missing, its what THEY are missing.

I have a Walker and it goes in all places a walk behind goes. The only thing about GHS is that it plugs too much in wet grass at speed. The walkbehinds dont do that. I also own a Toro WB.

I solved the Walker problem by getting a 52" SD deck with doubles. That deck is a heavy duty machine and now there is nothing that slows me down.

4. hunting202

hunting202 LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

when do i know when i need to get new tires on the walker? I start slipping fairly often. I was not sure if it was just my handling of the machine or if I need new tires.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If the tread is getting thin its time for tires. If its sliding a lot, check the air pressure and see if maybe it has got to high.

I have an aunt that lives in your area that I visit sometimes.