Front Mount Dethatcher (JRCO, CMP, Trac Vac) ??

TyBuck25

LawnSite Member
Hello, I am looking at purchasing a front mount dethatcher for my Ferris Zero Turn mower and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or experience with any of these top 3 Commercial Brands I am looking at. I know JRCO seems to probably be the most popular, but the other 2 seem to look very comparable. Not sure about pricing though on the CMP and or Trac Vac. The JRCO seems to trend at right around the $650 mark. If anyone has anything that is in good shape and well taken care of message me because I may be interested in going that route possibly. Any first hand experience or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Mac-s Lawn & Snow

LawnSite Bronze Member
I would avoid buying/ordering any thing from trac vac. They seem to be going out of business or atleast have a hard time having a product to sell. If you can their product being sold through a third party that has it in stock, then maybe. Jercko makes a great product and you should have any problems there plus itza a Minnesota company.

OP
T

TyBuck25

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the input. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with CMP thatchers? They look like a well built unit and are also made in Minnesota. The only problem is they seem to be a bit pricey but I am going to call the company directly tmrw to talk with them.

tonylawn

LawnSite Member
Ive used a cmp dethatcher for at least 7 years. Bought the first one directly from Derik before he was selling in stores. I bought a second one after some revisions. Works great. Tines dont break off like on the jrco rakes. The tines do wear down though. Otherwise if you keep the spring adjusted to keep some weight off of the front the unit is great. I would defiantly recommend buying one of these cmp over other the brands.

Top Forums