Front mount vs. mid mount

pines

LawnSite Member
Which do you recommend? I have heard a number of positives on the front mount (get under bushes, the view of what you are cutting is out in front)Any brand recommendations on either style. Thanks

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by pines
Which do you recommend? I have heard a number of positives on the front mount (get under bushes, the view of what you are cutting is out in front)Any brand recommendations on either style. Thanks
Front mounts don't clime and mid-mounts don't go under anything.
Case closed:cool:
John

olderthandirt

LawnSite Platinum Member
Originally posted by John Gamba
Front mounts don't clime and mid-mounts don't go under anything.
Case closed:cool:
John
Case open:D Steiners or Ventrac 4x4 front mounts will climb a mountain & they come standard with the striping roller If you don't like the 4x4 try a 230 Steiner with the hydrolic weight transfer you can put 800 pds. right over the drive wheels and they will climb that same mountain. Now case closed:cool:

Mac

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by olderthandirt
Case open:D Steiners or Ventrac 4x4 front mounts will climb a mountain & they come standard with the striping roller If you don't like the 4x4 try a 230 Steiner with the hydrolic weight transfer you can put 800 pds. right over the drive wheels and they will climb that same mountain. Now case closed:cool:

Mac
They dont mow like an EXMARK Case closed again

burnandreturn

LawnSite Senior Member
If I only could have one I would pick a mid-mount. If I already have a mid-mount I might buy a front-mount for the option of using power driven implements. Unhook the mowing deck and use an arerator for instance. The front mount Grasshoppers have the tilt up deck for easy cleaning and blade change, IF that's an issue.

Paradise Landscapes

LawnSite Senior Member
John Gamba is right,
Nothing mows like an eXmark!