1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Front Mounted Leaf Loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PKB005, Nov 22, 2003.

1. PKB005

PKB005 LawnSite Member

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY PICTURES OF A LEAVE LOADER MOUNTED TO THE FRONT OF THEIR TRUCK. IS THIS LEGAL?? I WANT TO DO THIS TO MY GMC 2500 BUT NOT SURE ABOUT THE MOUNTING. I HAVE A 20 HP. TOW BEHIND GIANT VAC BUT I CAN'T TAKE ANY EQUIPMENT WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE ANOTHER TRUCK/TRAILER FOLLOWING ME.

2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have a Meyer plow, you can have a welder fabricate a rig to interface with the two large round tubes, and the bracket will come on and off with a couple pins.

If you don't have a plow, you could probably find a cheap enough second hand plow mount on EBAY, or just buy a new one for about $300 from Meyer.

KB

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I just welded a 2"receiver on the front of my truck for the loader. My other truck has a plow mount so I welded the receiver to it. I haven't got any pics yet but it is the same as a rear mount except that it has a plastic tube that goes to the box.