1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Frustrated!!! Price help

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by OSU 09, Jul 27, 2009.

1. OSU 09

OSU 09 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Just want to blow off a little steam, but I find it extremely unprofessional and aggravating when businesses do not get back to you in a timely manner. I have called 3 nurseries and e-mailed 2 more looking for some prices. At each one I get "thanks for your request, we will get those prices to you shortly". What is there definintion of shortly! Can anyone help me out? I am looking for the price of Quercus rubra-red oak, 2" caliper balled and burlaped. Anyone know a ballpark price? Thanks

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

100 bucks or less

3. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

$200 from a good re-wholesaler up here in New England.

4. Isobel

Isobel LawnSite Senior Member

$275 is what I got out of my catalogue

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I try to get a price list from all the local Nurseries early in the year so I don't have to make phone calls.

After that I go in person to look at prices. This time of the year the nurseries are under-staffed as it is slowing down, so trying to get someone on the phone is like pulling teeth.

6. OSU 09

OSU 09 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Well I finally got a response from one of the nurseries. $225.00 Right about what I expected.