FRUSTRATION! -- Can't get help.....

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by 2Sam2233, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. 2Sam2233

    2Sam2233 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 19

    Howdy fellers,
    Boy do I need help. I have a LCO and I am expanding into landscaping also. My state requires certification and license for landscaping. I need to get info to study for this. I have gone to a local college horticulture department for help. They say enroll and we'll teach you. I went to our local state ag extension office and they gave me some various brochures and said contact the state ag dept. I called them and requested info and what I got was just a bunch of random information in no kind of order. Any thoughts about where I should go next? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks a million.

  2. yardmonkey

    yardmonkey LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 341

    What state are you in?

    Are you sure they require certification/licensing to do landscaping?

    Many states require that for pesticide application, but to plant a shrub?

    I have heard of needing a permit to build a retaining wall. And I know that people can get certified to do erosion control.

    There are tons and tons of books. Go to a large bookstore and check it out. But many are specialized - like just about gardening or perenniels or shrubs or trees or hardscaping, etc. etc.

    DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA
    Messages: 5,134

    use the internet and ask other local companies.
    are u a business or just starting out
    u can go to a local accounting office or a business lawyer and they can help u start the paper work to become a business and pay taxes. try the local chamber of commerce

Share This Page