1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

FS 100 vs. FS 110 or redmax2500

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnrangeralaska, Mar 11, 2005.

1. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

fs110 vs. fs 100 . does anyone know the difference between the two? jw bc i am going to buy one or the other. I found i can get a fs110 for 325.00 and or a redmax 2500 for 319.00 . what should i buy. the redmax has less power in 25cc range and the fs110 has 31cc'c.
    any help will be nice.

2. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2500 and a 3000. I love both of them and I have also had Stihl, Tanaka and Husquvarna. Red max is by far the best!! The Stihls are also good products and I THINK that the FS100 is two stroke and the FS110 is a four stroke (or four mix which is slightly different). If you want more information, I would reccomend that you go to Stihls web site. I hope you are happy with what evere you choose to buy!:D

3. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I own the fs100rx wich is a 4 mix and has plenty of power. My valves need to be adjusted in the off season but it was starting first pull all year long. It has a flex shaft inside and can not take a blade but seems to be better balanced. The 110 or 130 has the same engine with a solid shaft and can take a blade. I use my 2 stroke fs80 for blade work and the new 100 for all other work. It is queiter, more fuel efficient and better balanced than the two strokes I have used. It is also a couple ounces heavier is all. If you do a lot of blade work get the 110 or red max if not fs 100 rx will be the best of those options.