FS 110 bike handles to loop swap

4 seasons lawn&land

LawnSite Gold Member
Any of my local stihl dealers are too big to bother with little stuff like this. They want to service JD tractors for weekend folks with endless check books. Guy at the dealer told me there is no way to switch bike to loop or it's not worth it. I have some older trimmers I can cannibalize for this. I'm wondering if I should use an fs 90 or 100 rx. Or if someone wants to trade the full bike assembly for full weed whacker assembly.

Thanks,

Dave

herler

LawnSite Fanatic
I think I got the gun trigger and an aftermarket D-handle you can use, not sure on the throttle / cables, might have those as well.
I'll go look in the basement, thou my PM's might be off permanently as well...

herler

LawnSite Fanatic
Yes, I have a used gun trigger with the on/off switch and the operator presence (aka complete unit) and an aftermarket new D-handle (which works because I use them on mine and they're cheaper than OEM)... But, I'm missing the throttle / two wire harness. I might suggest checking ebay as well.

appalachianoutdoors

LawnSite Senior Member
Any of my local stihl dealers are too big to bother with little stuff like this. They want to service JD tractors for weekend folks with endless check books. Guy at the dealer told me there is no way to switch bike to loop or it's not worth it. I have some older trimmers I can cannibalize for this. I'm wondering if I should use an fs 90 or 100 rx. Or if someone wants to trade the full bike assembly for full weed whacker assembly.

Thanks,

Dave

Let the dealer give you the full explanation, but you cannot swap bike handles for loop. It isn't just a handle and cable swap. It has something to do with actually having different carbs also, I believe. I've heard the spill before because I was thinking of doing the same on a new one.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land

LawnSite Gold Member
Thanks for the help. That is a bummer tho. Wonder what I'm gonna do with this thing then. Will a power broom go well with bike handles? I don't want to trim anything with bike handles. If I need to do something like that I have an FS 550.

rlitman

LawnSite Silver Member
Let the dealer give you the full explanation, but you cannot swap bike handles for loop. It isn't just a handle and cable swap. It has something to do with actually having different carbs also, I believe. I've heard the spill before because I was thinking of doing the same on a new one.
Posted via Mobile Device

BS. The 110 engine is the same. I've swapped an FS-110 engine with a KM-110R.

It IS just a handle/cable swap (plus shaft for me, since I was swapping on a Kombi).

Top Forums