FS561V twin running lean

Sasquach

LawnSite Member
Hi y'all,
New number here. I have a small power equipment repair shop. Was following a thread about Kawasaki engine hunting, popping, etc. Am working on a Husky Zero turn with this motor that is running lean, hunting/surging at idle and popping at full throttle and reduced power, and only runs properly with choke part way out. Took carb apart twice and cleaned it, with no change. But I could not find the idle mixture jet , or pilot jet, and from experience, I new this was the problem. Then on a thread on this site, found a link to the service manual. On pg 50 it showed a diagram with a flow chart and exactly how the fuel flows. There it was, the pilot jet is at the end of the little vertical tube, which runs inside the main jet tube and dumps fuel up into the main air passage at the top of the carb. I will run a small wire up that tube and unplug it. Will report back tomorrow with results.
The reason for this post is that no one has mentioned this jet and I see a lot of complaints about these engines surging. I just hope that fixes it and all can benefit from it.

Breezmeister

LawnSite Silver Member
OP
S

Sasquach

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the tip. Yes, I saw those but they were good. Fairly new machine. So I ran a wire up the small tube inside the main jet tube and punched it through. That is the pilot jet. It runs perfect now. No more lean condition or partial choke.