Fuel Consumption 26hp Kawasaki

OP
G

GallucciLandscaping

LawnSite Member
Please forgive my last post. I jumbled he numbers when typing. It was supposed to read 2.1 machine hours with 4.6 gallons of fuel used.

I've been having the guys primarily run the other machines on the trailer and only use this one on the larger properties. Guess I'll need to get it to the dealer as soon as we get caught up on leaves

Derwood

LawnSite Silver Member
Please forgive my last post. I jumbled he numbers when typing. It was supposed to read 2.1 machine hours with 4.6 gallons of fuel used.

I've been having the guys primarily run the other machines on the trailer and only use this one on the larger properties. Guess I'll need to get it to the dealer as soon as we get caught up on leaves

Interesting. Now, I can't help my 8th grader with his math, so i'm no math guy. but I took his last post to mean: He put 4.6 hours on his machine, and PUT IN 2.1 gallons of gas at the end of the day. So if he had a 10 gallon tank, that would mean he burned 7.9 gallons of gas.

I'll just stick to the other two things I'm good at...

puppypaws

LawnSite Fanatic
Interesting. Now, I can't help my 8th grader with his math, so i'm no math guy. but I took his last post to mean: He put 4.6 hours on his machine, and PUT IN 2.1 gallons of gas at the end of the day. So if he had a 10 gallon tank, that would mean he burned 7.9 gallons of gas.

I'll just stick to the other two things I'm good at...

I knew what he was saying but he got his numbers with description reversed.

4.6 hrs. run ÷ by 2.1 gallons of fuel used = his mower burning 2.19 gallons of fuel per hour in the specific conditions he was cutting.

2.19 gph is an unbelievable amount of fuel to pull through an engine that size.

Top Forums