1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Fuel credit for your taxes

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tomgolfs44, Mar 23, 2007.

  1. tomgolfs44

    tomgolfs44 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 49

    Don't know how many of you do your own taxes ( I know many of you use CPA's), but there is an off-road fuel credit available for all of the gallons of gas that you used in your machines in 2006. Just make sure that you research form 8849 when you are doing your taxes (or make sure you ask your preparer to look at it if you are paying someone to do your taxes). It does amount to a significant amount of dollars.

  2. haybaler

    haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma
    Messages: 511

    ya, I realized I was actually using enough fuel this year to make it worth it. It just sucks becuase you have to keep track of every gallon and name address where you purchased it. a lot of gas places don't even put the gallons on the reciept.

Share This Page