Fuel issues.

Regularpit

LawnSite Member
I have a 20 year old lawn mower with a bagger I can't find the model number of the mower but I know it's engine is a Briggs and Stratton 407777 E1. It run great has a new fuel pump and new lines except the line from tank to filter including the filter need to be changed soon. It runs great but the fuel filter slowly drains and starts to pop and sputter require more and more choke then ideals at about 70% choke and I disconnected the line and blew it out with air while it was empty to make sure I got dirt out but it started great and drained the filter again. I think the hose collapsed fromm the tank but any ideas would be helpful. I put picture but it's drain it so it ends up sipping it and coughing and sputtering.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210629-125619.jpg
    Screenshot_20210629-125619.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20210628_152112.jpg
    IMG_20210628_152112.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

JoeRagMan

LawnSite Senior Member
How about draining the fuel tank, removing the fuel tank and shake it upside down to verify that there isn’t dirt on the tank strainer ( if there is one) and reinstall with new fuel line and filter? Good luck.

OP
R

Regularpit

LawnSite Member
I need to get to the fuel tank since it's under the seat so I can get it out plus the new air filter and fuel filter comes in soon. It did better with a test filter and filled the filter halfway up but almost drained going up our driveway that's quite step otherwise it's running somewhat better with almost choke. I got the hose but just waiting for those parts.

Top Forums