Fueling up / card limits

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
The station I usually go to has a $75 per transaction limit. They say that's my banks rules yet at another station they allow me $125. So I think it's the retailers policy. I've put tens of thousands of dollars in fuel on the same card and never once stiffed them so I don't see what the fueling stations problem is.

Anyone have any luck getting the limit raised and HOW? I've talked to the bank and station and they blame each other.

Been using two pumps often but have to unload for that. The other issue is the pumps take several minutes to reset between transactions.

Suggestions?

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
Find a different station. Drove me ape poop back in '07 and '08 with the stupid dollar limits while we were traveling. Tried to fuel up at as many truck stops as possible.

GrassManKzoo

LawnSite Fanatic
We use Speedway fuel cards, put $500 on them an get points, fuel up with no cap on amount you can get with one swipe, and get points for that. I don’t know if they’re in you area but they’re all over in our area.

OP
Z

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
The only problem with fuel cards is I'm concerned losing them, I assume they can be registered though. We have speedway.
I've tried the preapproval inside but they want an exact amount. Go over and have to go back in stand in line to refund. Prefer to have everything topped off, nothing holds enough fuel.

BigJlittleC

Banned
The only problem with fuel cards is I'm concerned losing them, I assume they can be registered though. We have speedway.
I've tried the preapproval inside but they want an exact amount. Go over and have to go back in stand in line to refund. Prefer to have everything topped off, nothing holds enough fuel.

If your paying with a card you shouldn't need to go back inside. I do it often when you shut off the pump it closes out the sale. Now you might have to go back inside for a receipt. Personally the once every 2 weeks I go to the gas station I don't see as a big inconvenience to go back inside.

weve

LawnSite Senior Member
At the only station in town, the pumps cut off at $125. I just swipe the card again on the same pump and pump more gasoline. Last week I had to do it a third time.