1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Full Time Job Running This Buss/new guy

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by smarino21, Apr 27, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

I have bout 80 weekly clients i service. With a cut trim blow type service. last year i was always busy with other things related to business. So this year i was of course slow in the start and i tried to get on the mower again. I then it started the landscaping calls and the mulch jobs and so forth. So i decided now to get off the mower and have my guy do it. I gotta train a new guy monday. Any good advice for training a new guy? I also was wondering does anyone else do this or all youguys are either like a 3 crew company and dont cut, or is there others liek me idk. I figure what it cost me to send another guy out instead of me its not worth my time and then when im off the machine i find more work ? COMMENTS PLEASE

2. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

My honest first reaction to reading your post- Take some writing classes at night.

3. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto... Id start with teaching basic saftey on equipment...