1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Funny Story..for me at least

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, Sep 12, 2006.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

A lady calls me today...all stressed out because her lawn guy hasn't returned, and his phone is disconnected. I go over to give her a quote...which is higher than her old guy. She tells me..."well the other guy charged me $25" I was so tempted to say...WELL MAYBE THATS WHY HIS PHONE IS DISCONNECTED!! lol But I bit my tongue, and said...well..I provide a good reliable service and Im always reachable. It may not be funny to you, but it was soooooooo hard NOT to say that. I got the job by the way. I guess sometimes people have to learn their lessons with lowballers...GREAT PRICE...BIG HEADACHE when they go in the poor house.

2. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!! I'll drink to that!!!:drinkup:

3. Picky1

Picky1 LawnSite Member

Hopefully the guy didn't change his number so that your new customer wouldn't call him any more.:laugh:

4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

HAHAHA Guess I'll find out!! I can usually sniff a PITA out a mile away, and Ive only been doing this a couple years. SNIFFER DONT FAIL ME NOW!

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

yeah you can usually tell when they start with the "well the last guy..." but dont back down