1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Funny Story

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by integrityman, May 5, 2008.

1. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Today I was out aerating in a residential area. I was approached by what appeard to be a neighbor from the house next door. She inquired about aeration and explained that she needed to get that done at her house which was a short distance away. Turns out the house was in a fairly exclusive area and property was worth a mil plus. I tell her I would do the work and qoute a price. While there, her husband comes outside and introduces self then leaves the house. I proceed to start the job. About halfway through, the lady comes outside and asks what happens to the little plugs. I jokingingly explain to her that the homeowner is responsible for the cleanup.... The pained look on her face was priceless. I keep going and a little while later I see her on her hands and knees picking up the plugs and depositing them into a 5 gallon bucket. I stop and tell her the plugs will break down in a couple of weeks and not to worry about them.... Turns out this lady tells me she teaches at a local state university. Holds a doctorate in education.... Things get more interesting when, a little while later, she invites me in for some food and a glass of wine.....I noted her change of clothing from a pair of casual pants to athletic shorts and a tank top.....I politely declined and went on to the next job.....Although I did get her email as she wanted to know what other services I perform......

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You have a good sense of humor, here's one happened time ago:

Before you laugh too hard, bless her heart, this was in a not so affluent section of town.
    But it was funny.

Anyhow...
    I was applying some weed killer around the house as the daughter inquired about this and myself, concerned with the pooch in the house, calmly explained there needed to be a 24 hour time lapse before the animal was let out around the treated weeds. She looked puzzled about this so I went on to explain that veterinarians ask that pets such as dogs and cats be kept inside the house for 24 hours with the exception of potty calls after such a treatment, and she continued to look at me quizzically... So I had to say it point blank and I said "I don't know if this stuff will kill you, but I know it will make you very sick, the biggest thing you want to make sure of is don't eat the treated stuff." <--- btw I meant the DOG (they had a dog) lol
    She then says to me "Oh NO sir we don't eat Weeds!"
    To which I calmly and non-chalantly replied: "Good, good."
    And went on about things.

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Funny stories guys:laugh:

4. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

now there's a confidence builder..... walked away all manly didnt ya?:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter: thinkin' to yourself... "I could have her'" Always a good feeling.

5. Gardens55

Gardens55 LawnSite Member

At very reasonable rates? ;):laugh:

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, no doubt! You will have that good feeling for a few days now!!