1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Funny Thing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AGG Lawn Maintenance, Jun 17, 2000.

1. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

I went to estimate a job today and a customer asked how much I would charge to prune a hedge once a week. Once a week I said!!! Has anyone ever came acrossed a customer who wanted shrubs pruned once a week? Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Yes I have!!!!!!!!! I told him that I would be by 3 times per month, of course he figured, like everybody else dows, that in 10 days I would be back...........I wasn't there on the 10th day so he called me back and told me I wasn't dependable. I'm glad of that though because I really screwed up on that deal. He was a fanatic about his boxwoods being perfect, wanted them trimmed every trip, had more boxwoods than he had grass, I blurted out a price and he took it, I then proceeded to trim the darn things and an hour and a half later I was done.......every 10 days! God knows when you do foolish things so he got me out of that one.........so I'm not dependable.<p>Homer

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Make sure you charge accordingly. Like Homer said, there is going to be a lot more than trimming the hedges involved here. If the guy is that fanatic about his edges, imagine what kind of customer he'll be? Pain in the A$$!!! But like any customer, he pays, so charge accordingly.<p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti

4. AGG Lawn Maintenance

from Elberon

I still chared him the $40.00 an hour I charge everyone he said I'll call you. Rode by the house today shrubs were cut. :)<br>Better for me anyway we are too busy for those type of people.<br>Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance

5. paddy

paddy LawnSite Member

i have found that for jobs like hedgee trimming, brush cutting, and tilling. I can generally make $50-$100 an hour easily, because they are so labor intensive, and the customer understands that, so they pay acordingly.

6. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Travis, I don't want to put down a paying customer, but your probobly better off this way. At least you didn't cut your price in half like a &quot;scrub&quot;!! <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

7. AGG Lawn Maintenance

from Elberon

You got it never do I cut my price for a job that = a sh_ _ _ _ job. We have about 100 customers we don't have time to baby sit a account. That takes away from the other customers we have. Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance