1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Funny website submission....

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by bmwsmity, Sep 18, 2008.

1. bmwsmity

bmwsmity LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Ohio

I got this as a website submission tonight... it's funny how some people enjoy wasting time...

jonny mackontosh
    14 maple street
    buffalo new york, fuftuftu43fgd

Phone: 6134598756
    Email: gyugfgghuy

Best contact time: gyuf

Service: Architectural Lighting

Own: Yes

Current project stage: Ready to Hire

Type of work: New System

First time: Yes

Financing: No

Additional Information
    u suck

:laugh:

2. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

I get alot of b.s. ones too. Alot from other guys in the area/state that get bitter when they see my trucks out and working.

3. bmwsmity

Male, from Ohio

thats the funny thing... mostly the only way people would get my web address is from a marketing piece or websites like this one...

it could have been one of my turd-like buddies though too :laugh:

4. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

You know, if this happened to me I'd have to contact my web-administrator to find out if he can track down the suspect through the IP address. I think I'd then pay the perp a visit....Can anyone say triangle choke?

5. bmwsmity

Male, from Ohio

hmm... i dunno.. an arm bar would be my weapon of choice...that way they feel all the pain while conscious - more fun that way.

i actually thought of trackin it down, but i'm sure my web guy has better things to do....

6. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Chris, I think you're inviting trouble... I bet at least half of them would come from people here on Lawnsite just wanting to mess w/ your head... :wall

Don't tempt us... I mean them.. ;) yeah that's right... THEM...

Seriously though, I've gotten posts from one or two clowns through my website who say they want to kick my a$$... waste of their time.. all I have to do is hit delete and they're gone.

7. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Well thanks for putting the idea into their head Gregg! I don't care though, just means more website hits which will increase my position on the web. And as you said, the delete button works well. But I actually like getting web hits!

8. bmwsmity

Male, from Ohio

even better, if the knuckleheads visit our sites by clicking on this larger, more relevant site, Google's search algorithm bumps us up higher still - more than just based on generic "hits"

9. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

I normally know who its from. Normally its from the lighting company or the landscape guy that gave me a funny look that day on the road or at the job site. Alot of the landscape lighting companies are jealous of what I have grown my company to in such a short period of time. Plus they look at me being somewhat young and think I do not deserve the work I get. But I have fixed most of their work so they have no right to really say anything. I hit delete and go on with my day.

10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

SWEEEEET!!!