Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive looked through the books that i have, and i can not figure out what this may be. In approximately 40% of one of my client's lawn, there is a fungus on the blades of the grass. There are approximately a dozen patches of the fungus on each blade. From a distance it looks to be just drough stressed grass, but i noticed the fungus powder on my deck, and it appeared orangish, almost a rust color. What could it be, and how could it be treated (yes, im liscensed;) )

·
Registered
12,060 Posts
Mac

I am warm season turf so I can only guess you have RUST,(Puccinia). Macozeb should help cure the problem. Add LI 700 by Loveland and it will work much better.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Also sounds like RUST to me Mac.... RUST is the biggest culprit here on the moist west coast and is usually taken care of with an extra shot of fertilizer and bag the clippings... It is unsightly but usually doesn't do any harm to the turf... but Red Thread could be next if left untreated... Just juice it up a bit and let it outgrow the rust and all should be fine in a couple of weeks...

Good Luck, Clay

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
You can treat with Fungicide or hit it with nitrogen and grow it out. In my experience Rust has not caused permanent damage, not saying it won't, I just have not had that problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Originally posted by Mscotrid
You can treat with Fungicide or hit it with nitrogen and grow it out.
BINGO!

DaleL

PS: A couple weeks ago I was called out on a lawn that was put in this spring and from a distance it had that distressed look to it but as I got closer upon it, I saw that rust was rampant! So yes, it is in SW Ohio! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.