Fussy McFuss

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Tracer, May 18, 2017.

1. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Silver Member

Luckily we got so much business I could Care Less if they drop us, but as a Rule, I'm always Polite to the Idiotic Branch of our Clientele.

Some of the Inane Complaints that always Fly in the Spring.

--Complaing about Barely visible grass stains transferred from mower tires on interlock. We're not talking Chunks, just a bit of Lawn Juice.

--Can you cut it shorter? This after cutting 1.5" w/a 21" on a Weekly.

---Can you cut under our Trampoline?

----Were having a party can you come Friday (They on the Wednesday Route)

and on and on.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Wye Oak Tree likes this.
  2. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Silver Member

And My All Time Favourite which just Popped in the inbox

---Can you skip this week? We just put down Scotts EZ Grow seed on a patch where Lucy pees (assuming this is a dog)

3. Mr Stripe

Mr Stripe LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Seymour Missouri

What I love the most is when Debi texts when I'm on the way to cut and says she's set up a Yard Sale and wondered if I could cut hers day after tomorrow.. I live 30 minutes away. Uh, no, I don't think so, you're just gonna have to wait till next week.

By the way,. Per the BR700 purchase, can't believe how much fuel that thing holds, goes almost the whole day.

4. KB Lawn Care

KB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Serious question not a jab: you don't cut under trampolines?

5. Mr Stripe

Mr Stripe LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Seymour Missouri

I don't cut under em, or move em, I stick the straight shaft under em and hit as much as possible. Then crawl under for whatever I missed. I used to move em, then I faced reality. That I'm wasting my time.

SCAPELIFE and hort101 like this.
  6. ZombieCutter

ZombieCutter LawnSite Gold Member

I don;t touch trampolines. They want that Liability claim Factory in their yard, they can maintain around it.

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Crawl under a trampoline? No way. Can't be good for your back or knees etc. They can move it to a new location in between mows if they want it cut. I don't have any right now with one. Used to move them. Just decided it wasn't part of my job description. Started weedeating as far as I could and leave it at that.

8. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Florida

One customer with a trampoline. I mow, then weed eat around and a little under. Never once thought to move it. Too much time and effort, and knowing my luck, I'd break the thing or get hurt dragging it.

9. flybynite

flybynite LawnSite Senior Member

The one I have with a trampoline gets trimmed around once a month and that's it. The rest of the time I cut as close as I can and leave it.

hort101 likes this.
  10. River

River LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Wisconsin

I mow around them and then just trim about 2 feet behind the legs. You better pay me extra if i'm moving it

hort101 likes this.