Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tight location I need to park the FW15 in my trailer and it made it hard to strap the mower down . I made a mount so I can just pop the front tire into to locate the mower where I want it and can strap the back down with a ratcheting strap. It’s kinda my version of a larger jungle jim mower mount built with 1/4” thick steel so it is robust. I figured some of my Lawnsite peoples might dig seeing it.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Bumper Automotive exterior Helmet Gas Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior Wood

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
Paved but by no means perfect. Stuff moves a bit. But we in res areas 40 or usually less all day. Nothing going to bounce out of trailer.

never tied down while working In 30 plus yrs. No problems no tickets.

Strap down a couple times when I had to make long highway run to pick up new mowers

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I’m one of those guys that cinches down my mowers . Around my way I have roads with 45-50 mph speed limits. I also deal with a lot of large speed humps in neighborhoods that going over likes to toss things around. A long time ago when I got my first enclosed I had a zero turn that the parking brake somehow came off and the mower wasn’t strapped. The front wheel of the mower poked a big hole through the wood inside the trailer. Thank goodness it didn’t go through the outside aluminum. Since then they get strapped .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts