Gaiters?

Toro44

LawnSite Senior Member
Normally I wear long pants, but when it’s 90+ I throw on shorts now and again. The problem is all the crap in my shoes. Grass, Mulch, Dirt, you name it. Anybody ever worn running gaiters to keep crap out of your shoes?

OakNut

LawnSite Fanatic
I didn't even know that was a thing. I googled it.

"Weird" is a word I think I can use on this site and not have my post deleted.

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
There was a member here named Mickhippy from down in Oz. He wore them all the time. I have wanted to get some for years and never seem to remember to look them up. I wear shorts all summer and my shoes are always full of debris. Thanks for the reminder.

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
Walk behind guy here:
IME, low top shoes have huge gaps for gobbling up twigs & pebbles & debris that will feel like sticks & rocks & trash. :realmad:

While not perfect, I'll stick w/ my 6" mid top boots that comfortably cinch for a tighter seal.

OakNut

LawnSite Fanatic
I'll stick to my "civilized" jobs where I've never gotten more than a few blades of grass in my running shoes while trimming.

And imagine the tan lines.
Dork factor 10+ LOL

:laugh:

OP
T

Toro44

LawnSite Senior Member
Not really into impressing people, just don’t like crap in my boots. The hiking boots I have now aren’t as snug as the vasque st Elias boots I normally wear. Working with pulverized dirt is actually the worst, a boot top might as well be a funnel.

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
Not really into impressing people, just don’t like crap in my boots. The hiking boots I have now aren’t as snug as the vasque st Elias boots I normally wear. Working with pulverized dirt is actually the worst, a boot top might as well be a funnel.
I just wear long pants that come down far enough to cover the tops of my low top shoes.

OP
T

Toro44

LawnSite Senior Member
If you read my original post I normally wear long pants, but when it’s 90+ I occasionally throw on a pair of shorts.

Top Forums