1. Countdown to live Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Garage sale bargain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pcnservices, May 13, 2005.

1. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Guys did I get me a steal here or what?
    Yesterday, on my way home, me and my wife stopped at a garage sale and there was this Lawn-Boy DuraForce 6.5 hp 2 cycle with Easy Stride self propel drive system. The mower looked brand new - wheels, deck (top and underneath) everything looked like this mower has hardly ever worked - even the blade has not been sharpened yet. I asked the lady and she said she used it twice and wants $80 for it. I knew these mowers don't come cheap. I bargained with her and eventually got it $75.
    It starts and works like a rolls royce compared to my other push mowers. I'm really impressed.
    I looked at the model and did a search on Lawn-Boy's website and the MSRP for this mower is $518.
    I did not take a picture of the mower yet to show you, but here's the link to this specific model and all the specs I found on the website.
    http://www.lawnboy.com/productinfo/mowers/goldpro/10550.html
    Tell me what you think.
    Good Luck
    PC

2. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Damn, thats a steal and a half pcn. Good job man. :p

3. Grass Masters

Grass Masters LawnSite Member
    from NC

Some people have all of the luck lol

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Just take the time and go over the mower and check everything. Once you do that you will have a very nice mower for quite some time.

Gravely_Man